Bigger Bras

January 27, 2012

MESSAGE TO TONI: SHUT YOUR SKINNY A$$ UP!

So I’m watching the “Braxton Family Values” last night and the first scene shows the Braxton sisters in therapy. The girls are FINALLY getting through their issues that they have with each other. I am happy to see them take the time to go to therapy. Families rarely take advantage of the opportunity¬†to seek help. HOWEVER the tables turned when Toni tells Traci (the thicksational sister) that she needs to lose weight! WTF!

Immediately Traci gets defensive and in this situation I don’t blame her. After all, the sister who told her to lose weight is a wealthy entertainer who has a chef, trainer, and money for lipo and tummy tucks. I just love when above average people tell the person who lives an average 9 to 5 life what they can do like it’s no big deal. Toni didn’t even bother to say anything nice about Traci, she just went in on Traci as if she doesn’t have a heart and wouldn’t be hurt by that comment. And it’s interesting that Toni went in on Tamar being a “mean girl” well dammit Toni has no room to talk. Out of all the sisters, Traci seems to be the “normal” one. Trina has a possessive cheating husband and she thinks her way to get back at him is to give another man head (girl bye). Towanda has a free loading husband. Tamar is a spoiled brat who treats her husband and sisters like they are her slaves and Toni HAD a husband that wanted to live off of her.

But TRACI IS SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT (In Tamar’s voice). She may have her problems in her personal life but she doesn’t put them out there like her skinny sisters. Traci does NOT need to lose weight to have a career…look at Jill Scott. Even if Jill is considered a minority in the industry, it is still possible to have a career as a thicksational woman. Its ignorant comments like the one Toni gave that makes girls and women take desperate measures to lose weight. Also 4 out of 5 Braxton sisters are skinny and only 1 has managed to have a successful career! BOOM! Guess skinny doesn’t get you everywhere!

Message to Toni
Toni your comment was ignorant and hurtful. I felt Traci’s pain through the TV. If you really cared about Traci’s feeling you should have came at her in a more positive way AND if you are that passionate about HER weight get her a damn chef and trainer, YOU PAY FOR IT, since you want it so bad. If Traci is happy then leave her alone! What did you think about the show thickettes?

11 Comments »

1. Great post! I was irritated by Toni’s comment also.

Comment by Stephanie Danforth — January 27, 2012 @ 8:26 pm

2. I didn’t like Toni’s comment as well, it was insensitive. Toni still has 3 other skinny sisters that she doesn’t get along with. So what does her weight have to do with issues in their relationships? And Traci is the one they talk to the least, so what problem could you have with her anyway, besides that? If Toni was really concerned about her weight, she wouldn’t have put her on blast like that. Did she ever think that Traci was fine with her size?

Comment by haitianphoenix — January 27, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

3. Lord f

Comment by Randi Graves — January 28, 2012 @ 1:38 am

4. Lord forgive me…
    Fame is a different beast. When u seek it; it will find you. And ALL it entails. Period.
    Fame wants you thin. Thinner than you already are. Fame wants you easy. Say ‘Yes’ TO EVERTHING ‘ and you’re good. Fame wants an unattainable image of a woman.. A beautiful woman(not hard to fiind) that will starve themselves, over exercise and basically abuse their bodies to get what “They want” and it’s all bullshit. You – majority speaking – will NEVER be thin enough. Or model enough.. Or WHATF*%^ING ever to meet the standards o someone you don’t know. You won’t! Whomever YOU are.
    Fashion is a business. Fashion is a fantasy. 14 years of plus modeling/fashion has proven/shown me this……
    1) it’s all a fantasy. I know many of you wish to see a size 22 in a great pose and showcasing an amazing outfit. I do, too
    But outside the image.. A size 22 will film as a size 24/26.
    that’s NOT a fantasy. In all honesty, that’s a fetish.
    And Rock’ On! My fellow big sisters. Truly. Make your mark where you can. I just feel the need to say this.. Modeling, is fantasy of the masses. Period. It is never about the model wearin the clothing… That comes later. It’s about the model ‘Working’the clothing, product, whatever.. That the client feels will better sell “Their Item(s). Period.

I was recently asked .. What advice would I tell/give aspiring models; who want to make it I. This industry. And I basically answered .. Hold on. To what you believe and what you know. Because that’s all U have. The rest.. I learn as u go.

I wish I had a magic wand. I wish I knew what was next. And then, I don’t. This job, career,… Fantasy, it can’t let u be honest. It just can’t.
    And because of thatj, you just have to believe. Have faith. Know who u r and what u want.
    And the rest(?)… Will fall in place like water. Period.

Be well ;-)
    Xo

Comment by Randi Graves — January 28, 2012 @ 2:03 am

5. Dr. Sherry, Dr. Sherry, Dr. Sherry!!! (sigh & smh) — It is quite apparent that they (the Braxton’s) run these sessions. From what I see, they use her “therapy sessions” as a recreational activity, because they run over her. She has NO control. I bet you Dr. Phil would have checked Tamar by now and got to the bottom of why Toni feels this way about Tracy… Unlike Dr. Sherry who just let it go. As crass as her comment was I don’t believe Toni’s intentions were to hurt Tracy. It’s the Hollywood superficial belief that you’re unhappy, because you don’t meet the Hollywood standards of beauty so basically “make that change.” And the sad part is no one disagreed with Toni… And I feel some kinda way that the show even labeled Tracy “The Wannabe.” Like, Really?! That’s how warped their belief system has become. — They need a strong therapist who is willing to dig deep into their family issues AND address how Hollywood (Fame) has shaped and shifted their psyche; and Dr. Sherry ain’t it.

Comment by Kimberly Larue — January 28, 2012 @ 8:45 am

6. Strange Strange Strange, the session as described by Toni Michelle Braxton was supposed to be for them to air the issues they have with each other. All the comments that the sisters had was relating to their relationships with each other. How they effect each other as sisters. Tracy couldn’t be more on point. Traci’s weight effecting Toni says that Toni has some sort of mental issue, her stomach is holding her back from what she could be, she could be much more! What! If she was saying that as a performer talking to her back up singers, I could understand, but saying if Traci were smaller their sisterhood would be better is just sick. I’m just saying.

Comment by Sheri White — January 29, 2012 @ 11:06 am

7. Toni .. was dead wrong for telling her sister to lose weight.. in that manner. What everyone else was discussing, was their attitudes or other non-physical stuff. Why jump on Traci’s physical attributes. WRONG, Insensitve, etc. How would Toni like it if Traci said, Toni needs to quit wearing terrible lacefront weaves??? Or something about her body.

I felt Traci’s pain and if Toni did not, then she is not the person she portrays herself to be. Shame on her. Plus Traci’s weight is obviously a manifestation of her self-esteem issues and left over issues from being “left out of the group”.

Mama Evelyn needed to tell Toni she was wrong!

Comment by Lilly — January 30, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

8. The premise was to get together to see how to mend the rift between the sisters, and Toni brings up Tracis weight? Seriously??!! Traci you are so beautiful, and also kind. Don’t give anyone the power to make you feel bad about yourself. Toni should be so ashamed of herself, and SO owes you an apology.

Comment by kat — January 31, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

9. I would never talk to my sister the way Toni did to Tracy. Her weight is so NOT the issue. The sisters behavior and attiudes ARE the issue.

Comment by Fe — January 31, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

10. somethings are just not blurted out on National TV about your family. As an entertainer you maybe asked by your manager to lose weight and that’s not on National TV. Direct issues of that nature should be discussed with that individual not on TV. Traci is now probably being watched by viewers to determine if she will lose weight I’m sure that’s not what she wants her image to be. She looks really sad as though mistreated but tries to hang in there with her family and the weight issue sure put the icing on the cake. What type of Values do you have within your family?? I think Toni said Tamar called her old and that was hurtful and now she’s calling someone Fat basically. That’s your sister!!!!

Comment by Tang — February 3, 2012 @ 1:43 pm

11. Girl bye…. Toni just needs to get her life, it was uncalled for and totally inappropriate to go in on Traci about her weight….. Like what? If I’m honest I find Toni the bore of the entire show, like for real she needs to sit her bankrupt ass down or get to the back of the line cause ain’t nobody care about her no more….. IJS

Comment by Shamari — February 4, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.