Bigger Bras

October 15, 2009

THE MO’NIQUE SHOW!

Filed under: Mo'Nique — Tags: , — @ 4:45 am

So what are your thought’s on The Mo’Nique Show? Keep it real thickettes, we can’t help Mo reach her full potential if we try to sugarcoat.

17 Comments »

1. Unfortunately, I HATE it. I mean I always knew Mo’ was loud but sometimes she is damn near screaming. I guess I just expected more from her and the show. I also get sick of all the honey-baby-sugahloaf-muffin-pumpkin-mama crap, enough already just call your guest by their names.

Comment by ikandiDiva — October 15, 2009 @ 7:27 am

2. I fully Agree! I can’t even make it through a segment. She is on BLAST every time I turn to the show. My friends feel the same way. I really tried to be supportive, but short of turning to the channel and muting the television while I do other things for her to get the ratings, I cannot tolerate her antics. I am proud of her for living her dreams and reaching for the stars, I hope she settles down a bit really soon.

Comment by Midnightsunree — October 15, 2009 @ 7:51 am

3. I did not like the show at all. What turned me off was her shouting all the time. After a few minutes it did not matter what came out of her mouth I tuned it out because the delivery was so over the top.

There was nothing about the show that grabbed me to peak my curiosity enough to make me want to tune in again.

Comment by Glen — October 15, 2009 @ 8:03 am

4. I don’t care for the show. She needs to stop shouting all the time. Give Rodney Perry some love. Let the man be seen on screen. Why have him sit on a stool and talk to him but not show him. I expected much more from her. The show will probably die a quick death. I can’t imagine who is enjoying the show.

Comment by Joyce in NC — October 15, 2009 @ 11:27 am

5. I tell you great minds think alike!! Krys, I was going to post something very similiar today. I was just talking to my girlfriend Q about this very same topic this morning! I was asking is she liked the show and what she thought about it, I was wondering if Mo’Nique thinks her guest are hearing impaired. That chick needs to slow it down!! I mean I think she a bit confused between being the comdienne and actress she always been and her new found roll as a talk show host. I personally like the set … I think it’s classy, the guests are quality, the music is great and lively but Mo’Nique is acting sooooo ghetto. What’s up with the sweat break outs, dancing all over the place and her small guy side kick. Really that show is starting to get on my last nerve I can’t even hear what she’s saying half the time. I think she need to revisit her roll and come with a new approach. I keep tuning in hoping she’s just on a high of excitement because she’s realized her life long dream and that she might just calm down enough to ask her guest a question without screaming. one good thing though her wardrobe selection has been pretty nice so far. That’s my take on the show. Great Post / Great Topic!!

Comment by Lola Vanguard — October 15, 2009 @ 1:55 pm

6. I thought it was just me. i agree with all of the above comments.

Comment by antoinette — October 19, 2009 @ 6:55 am

7. I’m proud of Mo for all she’s accomplished as a plus-sized Black woman in Hollywood, but I feel that it is time for her to retire the whole baaaaabyyyy-girlfriend-heyyyyy schtick. Maybe it’s that “keepin’ it real” mindset that compels her to act this way. I just wish she would follow Queen Latifah’s lead and become more refined and “ladylike”, to coincide with her elevating star status.

Comment by Girlina — October 19, 2009 @ 1:45 pm

8. I agree with every last comment ladies. Mo is straight up trying to hard and doing to much. I keep looking for the real Monique but the fake one keeps showing up on this talk show. I won’t be tuning in anymore.

Comment by Tampiana — October 20, 2009 @ 8:37 am

9. She is ridiculousy loud.And the show is not well directed. IF it last it’s only because BET doesn’t want (CRC)constructive racism criticism. Personally I think she needs to get in touch with Prof. Ogilvie and Kimberly Ann Parker for a big Parker show reunion. She’s going to wish she had soon!!

Comment by LEO — October 25, 2009 @ 11:16 am

10. I love her show, she funny, intelligent and knows what she wants, but the screaming have to stop and the black girlfriend act needs to be toned down a bit. I always have to turn down the volume when she is on. She is booking all the great people that I love to see.I find out what is happening with their careers, it really wonderful to see my old favorites and I have been introduced to some new ones also. Monique clothing on the show are great,her hair and makeup are always on point.The house band is the absolute best and her co-host Rodney Perry is funny as hell. I love to see her no rhythm self dance, we call it the gap leg dance,its great exercise. She is enjoying herself and living out her dream.
    I see great things to come from this show. Keep reaching for your star and we will keep search the sky for it.
    P.S. Kudos on Precious!!!! Ha who’s laughing now.

Comment by jeannette lee — February 19, 2010 @ 11:19 pm

11. I WISH ALL YOU SISTA’S AND BROTHA’S WOULD STOP HATIN AND BE PROUD AND SUPPORTIVE OF HER. THIS IS HOW SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND I AM PROUD OF HER FOR NOT CHANGING. AWESOME MO’

Comment by SANDRA — February 23, 2010 @ 11:33 am

12. I love the show! Yes she is loud, but she always has been, that’s how she got famous. Besides,I get tired of Black stars always changing once they make it. Yeah the around-the-way Black chick act has been done to death, but hey, why not. Diversity make things more interesting. Ya’ll need to lighten up!

Comment by Bingo — February 24, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

13. I give our b-more girl her prorps but at some point she has to know the whole world laughting with and at her;radio one opened a great door for her and now she needs to use what she knows to show the world her many talents and stop the road show skit; its nightly TV.come on ms hughs help a sister out TV#1

Comment by stuffn9 — February 24, 2010 @ 4:02 pm

14. ALL YALL ASSES NEED TO STOP HATIN’ ON MY SISTA! Mo’Nique do your thing and keep on representin’ B’Mo! I love her, I love what she represents, I love her style and the fact that she makes thick women all over america including myself feel good about themselves. I am praying for her and her family and I wish her nothing but continued success. For those who don’t particularly care for her show, there’s always nasty Wendy Williams!

Comment by Shelly — March 26, 2010 @ 6:06 pm

15. She has accomplished a lot and I’m proud of her; however, the show is a turn off. She’s extremely too loud. To end on a positive note, nice clothes.

Comment by chenelle — July 11, 2010 @ 6:49 am

16. I enjoy the Monique Show because the guest on the show are people that you may watch in movies and on TV, yet not even know their name. Sometimes you are able to see another side to people that’s in the lime light when she interview them. To be honest we are all the same just a different situation. Yea she is loud, but hell she doing something right. We all have our preference. I prefer The Monique Show!

Comment by Sha'Terra — February 3, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

17. I love her for her fabulousness. If she has some issues that we all see, she will one day find themout. Hey we are a different kind of woman than our counterparts some of us laugh,love, walk, talk and live out loud and that is not going to change. So lets not try to conform this beautiful sister and enjoy her being in our homes. support her. Lift her up
    as one of ours. There are so few of us with our own shows. And we can’t all be Oprah! That is the Uniqueness of Black Women; The Spice of Variety in our Sisterhood.

Comment by Lisa — February 6, 2012 @ 12:51 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.